Thursday, June 28, 2007

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs

I just recieved an e-mail which further explained that this "youth-school" is actually connected with the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI). Website as follows:

http://www.ndi.org/worldwide/cee/serbia/serbia.asp

Check it out - I am totally blown away. I had no idea that something like this even existed. I spoke with the Serbian country director of NDI on the phone today (great guy as far as I can tell), and he asked me what my aspirations were...I told him that I dreamed of some day doing work in the Middle East. He mentioned that NDI has schools in 35 countries, one of which is Iraq. I'm not totally sure how I feel about this yet...mainly I am concerned with what agenda might be behind these schools. Nevertheless, I think I may have landed myself in heaven in terms of gaining experience. WOW!

3 comments:

ryan said...

Hey Amber,

Great Info...

love ya,
ry

Foxfire said...

Hello Amber,
Ryan just gave me your blog address and I really enjoyed reading all about your wonderful life journey...I'm so looking forward to hearing about Ryan's adventure through Spain and the Pyrenees...Ryan didn't say, but does he have a blog as well??? I'll pass all this onto your mom and she is doing fine and I'll keep checking out your blog.
Love, Marilynn

Jillbee said...

Hello Amber,
I enjoyed reading everything. I was very interresting. I hope to hear fromyou again. By the way Happy Birthday
Love you, Jill